You are what you eat.
A common dictum is SIMPLE LIVING & HEALTHY LIVING
The human society is looking for help to adopt a diet rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants & in particulat plant-based protiens. Because this will help to detoxify the bodies & create a situation for healthy life. Further consumption of such foods provide a good balance in supplying oxygen , alkalinity & other charges vital for maintaining the a healthy body. Among the numerous living foods, Wheat grass provides the corner stone for a life of optimum nutrition. This particular plant is replete with vitamins A and C. Wheat grass is a young, green cereal grass originating from a wheat plant that is harvested before it develops gluten-forming grain kernels When it is grown in fertile organic soil, it contains all of the known and mineral elements like rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, sulfur, sodium, cobalt and zinc. Wheatgrass is also abundant in vitamin B-17, a substance that can destroy cancer cells selectively.
Nature’s greatest healer
- CHLOROPHYLL CONTENT-Wheatgrass is exceptional in its chlorophyll content ; helps bacterial growth in the body and counteracts ingested toxins. It also helps to purify the liver, build the blood’s oxygen-carrying potential and regulate digestion.
- Powerful purifier of the stomach – It clears the stomach, liver, pancreas and circulatory system. used successfully to treat peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diaorrhea, and other complaints of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Stimulates metabolism-While stimulating the body enzymes, it enriches the blood by increasing the RBC & lowers the blood pressure.
- Stimulates the thyroid gland, correcting obesity
- Powerful ability to fight tumors
- TOPICAL APPLICATION-Externally applied to the skin can help eliminate itching almost immediately.
Will soothe sunburned skin and act as a disinfectant.
- Rubbed into the scalp before a shampoo, it will help mend damaged hair and alleviate itchy, scaly, scalp conditions.
Is soothing and healing for cuts, burns, scrapes, rashes, poison ivy, athlete’s foot, insect bites, boils, sores, open ulcers
8. A good aid-. Merely place a tray of living wheatgrass near the head of your bed. It will enhance the oxygen in the air and generate healthful negative ions to help you sleep more soundly.
Enhances your bath. Add some to your bath water and settle in for a nice, long soak.
Sweetens the breath and firms up and tightens gums. Just gargle with the juice.
Turns gray hair to its natural color again and greatly increases energy levels when consumed daily.
- Is a beauty treatment that slows down the aging process when the juice is consumed. Wheatgrass will cleanse your blood and help rejuvenate aging cells, slowing the aging process way down, making you feel more alive right away. It will help tighten loose and sagging skin.
COMPENDIUM OF CULINARY SECRETS OF WHEAT GRASS-Wheat grass is a type of grass that grows easily everywhere even in the small pots kept in the homes! There are many fascinating recipes of wheat grass which are flavorsome & nutritious: Eating just the wheat grass itself isn’t very realistic though, and so most people juice it. I’m sure that you could juice it with other fruits and veggies to hide some of the strong grass flavor. Nevertheless, can mix various spices available from the kitchen to make some interesting recipes!
Wheat grass juice-Wheatgrass juice is very potent-A daily drink of 1oz (about 30ml) of wheatgrass is recommended to start with, increasing to 2oz (60ml) after a couple of weeks as long as it makes you feel good. It’s a good idea to drink it on an empty stomach.
3 bunches of wheat grass.(for 60ml juice)
20 ml water
Blend the wheat grass in a juicer/blender by adding water in small portions. Once well ground press it through a sieve & enjoy the freshness of wheat grass!
WHEAT GRASS CAN BE MADE MORE ATTRACTIVE!
FOUR PUNCH– This serves as a good digestive aid.
- 2 apples
- 2 stems of celery
- half a lemon
- 3 bunches of wheatgrass – enough to make 2oz (60ml)of wheatgrass juice.
How to Make
- Wash the fruit and vegetables
- Core the apples, and peel the lemon. If the lemon is organic and you like a really strong lemon taste then leave the peel on.
- Chop apples, celery, and lemon to fit your juicer
- Juice the wheatgrass in your cold pressed juicer ( I recommend Hurom).
- Juice the apples, lemon, and celery.
Serve & enjoy
1 cup of coconut water
30ml juice of wheat grass
Mix both together with a spoon & enjoy the double flavor.
- 30 ml wheat grass juice
- 375ml of orange juice
- 500ml of low fat yoghurt
- Sweeter if required like a teaspoon of raw Go Organic ME honey or few pieces og jaggery.
HOW TO MAKE
Whip all to ingredients together until smooth & serve it chill.
NON-GRAIN PAKORAS- A PERFECT EVENING SNACK
450 GMS-buch wheat flour
½ tsp of turmeric powder
½ tsp of curry powder
1 green chilli chopped
1 small bunch of wheat grass finely chopped
½ zucchini cut in small cubes
1tbs of ginger chopped
A pinch of hing
Salt as required
500ml sunflower oil/ghee
Mix all the above mentioned ingredients (except oil/ghee)by adding water in small portions until a thick batter is formed.
Heat oil/ghee until hot ¬ smoking. Pinch batter in small portions & drop in the oil/ghee. Fry until golden brown& serve hot with tomato ketchup as a side dish.
COLD SOUP TO BEAT THE HEAT-GO GREEN
1bunch of spinach
½ BUNCH of fenugreek leaves
60 ml wheat grass juice
Small sprigs of coriander leaves
1tsbof ginger finely chopped
1tsp of freshly ground pepper
1tsp of salt
1tsp of jiggery
HOW TO MAKE
Wash spinach & fenugreek leaves well. Then steam them until cooked. Once they are cooled blend with the other ingredients by adding water to according to the required consistency . Press it through a sieve (not necessary). Serve chilled or room temperature with a blob of feta cheese
FAQS ABOUT WHEAT GRASS
How do I take Wheatgrass
These green grasses are very fibrous, It is best to take them on an empty stomach perhaps half an hour before you eat or two hours after you eat. The three main ways to take them are :
- Powder Form – 1 to 2 teaspoons a day mixed in juice or water (cold or slightly warm)or sprinkled on your cereal.
- Fresh Juice – use a juicer to extract the juice from the grass
- Tablets – in tablet form you generally need to take 8 + tablets a day . So for anybody who has problems swallowing tablets, this probably isn’t the best way to consume it.
How much Wheatgrass to consume?
I would say 1 to 2 teaspoons a day, but start with 1 teaspoon and work up gradually and see what suits you best. If you have too much too soon, you may start to have detoxification symptoms ie headaches and nausea etc. If that occurs simply reduce your intake for a couple of days then increase slowly.
Is Wheatgrass safe to take if I have a wheat allergy ?
Wheatgrass is harvested at the jointing stage before it turns into a grain. It is extremely rare for people with wheat allergies to react to the cereal in its grass stage.
Does wheat grass contain wheat gluten?
Wheat grass is a leafy green vegetable harvested before it develops
the gluten-forming grain
Is Wheatgrass safe for Children and Babies ?
It is safe for children to take wheat grass powder, It is safe for babies to receive wheat grass from the mother via the breast milk.
Can I introduce live wheat grass to my pets?
This powerful leafy green adds valuable fiber to help support healthy digestion. Wheat grass is commonly used as a healthy dietary addition for cats, dogs, birds, reptiles and other small animals.
Many pets eat wheat grass straight from the container.. If your cat or dog doesn’t take to wheat grass right away, try misting it with water. Your cat or dog will lick the water and realize the greens are a tasty treat. If water doesn’t work, try adding clippings to your pet’s food.
Is wheat grass safer & better than other cereal grasses like barley & oats?
Compared to other cereal grasses suchas barley grass and oat grass, wheatgrass has the highest concentration ofchlorophyll, the green pigment in plants that harnesses the sun’s energy from photosynthesis.
Founder Meenaxy Vashishtha with Sheila .